Monday, February 18, 2008

United Recovery Services Nails Client for American Express, Robert Paisola Investigates

Hello,

I am a small business owner, and things have not gone well for us and I have an outstanding debt to AMEX. The problem is, they are now calling 3 of my former employees and threatening them with legal and collection action saying they were responsible for all charges on this account. The collectors have been told the employees are no long with the company, and that the company is going out of business.

These employees were authorized users, but have not worked for the company in over 8 months, and the account went delinquent 60 days ago. So with AMEX, that means the bill was current months after they were not in my employ.

I feel bad and don't know what to do, but this is a tactic that is embarrassing and also confusing and harassing for the employees and are worried about their personal credit. These calls are being made from United Recovery, and they call MULTIPLE times per day.

I just thought your readers should know this is another tactic. I would be more than happy to elaborate if you feel it would help others.

Randy, San Diego, CA

No comments: