Saturday, December 15, 2007

Cavalry Portfolio Abuse on Active Military, Posted by Robert Paisola

I am a Soldier in the U.S. Army, my wife also serves and is currently in Iraq. I have a general power of attorney to deal with all her matters. Yesterday I was contated by Cavalry Portfolio claiming that my wife had a 10 year old outstanding debt on a leased vehicle that they were collecting on. I was also told that if I didn't pay that it would become a legal matter. I checked my wifes records and of course the vehicle was paid in full and returned. And I am pretty sure that even if she did owe that it is way out of Statue. He said that he would cut me a deal by 50% of the original debt if it was paid off by christmas. Wow sounds crooked. So I have no intentions of intertaining his claim, but what should I do now about this agency contacting me?

Roberts Reply:

First of all, I want to thank you for serving our country in Iraq. You should not have to deal with this kind of stuff as an active member of the military. I want you to send me all the details and we will assist you.

Regards,

Robert Paisola
CEO
Western Capital

No comments: